The Coder's Coloring Book
1 month ago
A hands-on approach to studying data structures and algorithms
What is The Coder's Coloring Book ?
* A hands-on approach to studying data structures and algorithms
* A physical coloring book of the essential data structures and algorithms you should know for your coding interview.
* A beta-tested, market validated, pre-launch product that made it to the #1 spot on Hacker News in 2017.
What is included in the sale ?
* Landing page (Squarespace) and domains (Namecheap) thecoderscoloringbook.com, coderscoloringbook.com, coderscoloring.com
* Mailing list of 2800+ people who signed up to try the book's sample pages and receive updates (growing ~30 subscribers/month as of 1/12/20 with no marketing). Screenshot
* Sketch design files for the book cover, and sample coloring pages. Screenshot
* Comprehensive Notion workspace of market research, book content outlines, production plans, beta tester feedback, marketing plans/channels, fulfillment resources and more. Example
What is the technological stack ?
Which parts of the project are incomplete ?
* The final coloring pages and editorial content (e.g. Algorithm summaries, etc) that comprise most of the book.
* The Kickstarter / crowdfunding / launch campaign.
* Production agreements for printing and fulfillment.
Do you have any traffic ?
* 30k unique visitors since 2017
* 2500 in 2019
* 55% from Hacker News, 30% Direct
* 49% from USA
Why are you selling ?
I don't have the time to dedicate to completing this project anymore.
How can the future owner turn the project into a business ?
1. Create a Kickstarter/pre-order campaign
2. Finish designing the coloring pages
3. Find a printer and fulfillment/delivery provider (or ship the books yourself)
Do you have access to the designer who created the sample pages?
Hi there. Yes, I am the designer.
Could you share a list of the algorithms and data structures covered in the book?
Hey there! That list can be found on the website (https://coderscoloringbook.com) in the section titled "What's Inside?"