MS Word bible add-in
2 weeks ago
MS Word add-in to search the bible and insert verses with one click
What is included in the sale ?
* Fully functional MS Word add-in.
* MS app store presence (gone through submission).
* Versioned source code.
* Logo, website, and other branding.
* Domain name: wordbibleaddin.com
* 9 other domains related to "word", "bible", and "add-in" (worth $300).
According to rough lines-of-code valuation (COCOMO) the source code represents about $10k worth of programmer effort.
This add-in is currently the only result when you search for christianity related search terms in the Microsoft add-ins store.
What is the technological stack ?
It's a highly performant static website with a simple Node.js search backend.
Which parts of the project are incomplete ?
* No subscription or monetization.
* Project requires marketing and growth.
Do you have any traffic ?
* 600 Bible searches per month.
* 200 verses inserted into documents per month.
Zero marketing effort so far.
Why are you selling ?
Whilst the tech is solid and basic demand for the product is validated, I lack the motivation and access to channels to market and grow this application.
How can the future owner turn the project into a business ?
There are 2.3 billion Christians in the world, 1.2 billion MS Word users, and the Bible is 2000 years old. The add-in tech works well and is a stable base to grow off.
The basic use-case has been validated - people are searching for the add-in, installing it, and using it without any sort of marketing so far. What is required is marketing, growth, and subscriptions/monetization from a motivated growth hacker.
The project is currently running on a $5/month VPS and the stack is designed to scale with its efficient search back-end, so costs will remain low relative to growth.